Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Easter at the Bardsley Home is pretty great! I LOVE Easter! Easter morning we have a big breakfast at Grandma's (she goes ALL out!!), Easter baskets with a bunch of goodies, a great church meeting remembering our Savior and the purpose of Easter, dinner with the extended family, and the funniest/most entertaining part of the day is a new tradition we started last year... EXTREME EGG DECORATING!! Earlier that day we drew names and we have to decorate an egg for that person. Seriously we go all out! And the whole time we're decorating them we make it a secret and we don't know who has who (of course it gets out and some people know who has who!). This year we didn't disappoint! Here are some pics of the great festivities!!

Ashley got a basket full of Fruits, Veggies, and Hummus because she hasn't eaten sweets for over a year now!! I don't know how she does it!!

Ashley & I made Cake Pops the day before! Sheep, Ducks/chicks (they look like both!), Bunnies, & Eggs.

Chick/Duck Cake Bite!

Sheep Cake Bite (My favorite ones!)

Grandpa decorated my dad's egg- something about hurting yourself with a hammer!!! HAHA Silly Grandpa!

Brandon made me a Kyle Beckerman Egg!!!

I made Ash a BYU Lacrosse Egg!

Heather made an AMAZING Jasmine Egg on a flying carpet!

Lauren made Grandma a cute snorkeler!

Ash made Grandpa a "Millie" Egg!

My dad made Jerry a Coach Egg even with a real whistle!!

Grandma made an adorable Heather Egg for Heather!

My Mom made Jared a Boutonniere egg and Jared made my Mom a HILARIOUS "BYU 'Cougar' Graduate"!

All of the Eggs together! What a talented family!!!


Happy Easter everyone and I hope you were able to spend it with the one's you love and even though we have fun and eat delicious Easter treats, may we always remember the true meaning of Easter and the amazing sacrifice our Savior gave to us.




1 comment:

  1. I love your tradition of decorating the eggs. Those are so fun! Let's catch up sometime soon. School is out for me on June 3rd. (Gag, yes June)

    ReplyDelete