Monday, April 11, 2011

50 Years Ago Today....

This Beautiful Woman Was Born!!

Heidi Jean Slattengren Bardsley
She's my mom & I am the luckiest girl in the world because of her!
She is so smart, beautiful, freakin' hilarious, loving, & fun!
Can you believe she's 50 today?
She looks so young & acts even younger!!

Here are the Top 10 reasons I love my Mom!

10. She's so stylish!! I love shopping with her because she has great style and always picks out cute things! She always looks so cute and is one of the most stylish mom's I know!

9. She is so beautiful! She really is so gorgeous and is naturally beautiful! Whenever someone cuts her hair they comment on how beautiful her hair color is and her highlights are amazing... She's never dyed her hair in her life!! She has a smile that is contagious and a laugh that is even more contagious! She radiates beauty from the inside out!

8. She doesn't sweat the small stuff! I wish I could learn this trait from her. She is cool, calm, and collected and doesn't let the little things get her down. She knows how to manage her time and not to stress out or fret over things that really don't matter.

7. She is SOOOOO Funny and Sarcastic!!! She seriously makes us laugh so hard! She always has something funny and sarcastic to say! I don't know if some people get her humor but when you understand her "sarcastic-ness" she is hilarious! And when she gets going she'll laugh at herself (she thinks she's pretty funny!) and start crying because she's laughing so hard! Its great! All my friends love being around her because they think she is so funny!

6. She is an amazing friend! She has so many friends and they all love her so much. They know they can count on her when they need someone to talk to and she is always so supportive of her friends. When she makes a friend they become a life long friend. She has friends of all ages and people just flock to her because of her humor and because she makes them feel so loved.

5. She is an amazing wife! She has supported my dad for so long while he worked and went to school. She is loving and supportive to my dad in all that he does. She made sure there was dinner when he came home from work and helped him with his business after he started it. I hope I can be as great of a wife as my mom is to my dad.

4. She is so smart and motivated! After raising all of her kiddos, she decided to go back to BYU and finish her bachelors. We graduated together and it was so fun to be able to take classes with her and have all my friends jealous that I got to go to school with my mom (my cool mom at that!!)

3. She has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and the Gospel. She taught us as young kids how happy the gospel will make you when it is in your life and to always keep it in your life. She serves in the church and makes it a priority in her life. She is the Relief Society President right now while getting her Masters, working, and being a mom, wife, daughter, and friend and does an amazing job at being RS president. Even though she tries to think of ways to get released from her calling (!!!), she is so amazing at it and is truly being blessed because of it.

2. She is the best example of an amazing Mom. I loved coming home from school and she was always there and wanting to hear about our day at school and usually had a treat! She would help us with our homework and love to hear about what was going on in school! She loves her kids with everything that she is. She is always there for us and she loves spending time with us (or at least she makes us think that she does!!!). I hope I can be as amazing of a mother as she has been to me and my brothers.

1. She is my best friend and I always know she's there for me no matter what! I couldn't have gone through my cancer treatments without her and she helped me to feel better by making me laugh, keep me occupied, and just being there for me through it all. I have loved being the only girl because I have had a lot of fun "Girl Time" with my mom and we've had so much fun shopping, decorating, sewing, beauty stuff, lunches, laughing, and just talking. Thanks Mom for being my best friend and always being there for me!

I love you Mom and I couldn't imagine a better Mom than you!
I'm so glad you chose me to be your daughter in the pre-existance!
Thank you for loving, teaching, & supporting me throughout my life!
Happy 50th Birthday!

-Love, Courts

Mom and I at the Real game!

Dinner at The Chef's Table tonight!

Birthday Cake!!!


4 comments:

  1. Happy 50th birthday Heidi, You are all that Courtney said and more. What a sweet tribute. You are an amazing woman. Love ya, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE IS LIKE FINE WINE! The older she gets, the better she gets! Love you Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Jared saying Mom is sour grapes? He hasn't been winning points with mom lately has he! That was such nice tribute to mom! I'm sure a lucky man, the best wife and children in the world!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I died and I'm reading my obituary!!! No wonder you're my favorite daughter. Thanks for being my biggest fan. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete