Friday, April 29, 2011

4 Year Transplant Reunion

Every year, City of Hope puts on a Reunion for all of the recipients, donors, and the families of Bone Marrow Transplants. Its a really neat gathering and there are tons of people from all walks of life! When you check in, you get a big button and they write how many years ago you got your transplant. It was my fourth year and so I got my big button! They have lunch for everyone, games for kids, entertainment, a guest speaker, and they even bring 2 donors to meet their recipients for the first time. Often times the donors will come from another country. I would love to meet my donor someday and I can only imagine how excited these people are. It was the first time my dad has come to the reunion with me so it was fun to be able to share this neat experience with him and my mom. So enjoy the pictures of my very special day!!

City of Hope from the freeway



Celebrating with my two favorite people!


Janae! Dr. O's Physician Assistant


Dr. O'Donnell- Oh how I love her!


Enjoying the speakers and entertainment!


Like my pin?!


Thanks for spending so much time at this hospital with me throughout the years Mom!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Can't wait for the day when your pin says 44! I love you!

    ReplyDelete