Saturday, April 23, 2011

Days 21-23

Day 21-A picture of something that makes you happy

So are you surprised to see the mugs of these boys?! Yeah, I didn't think so! But seriously, they make me so happy (Well maybe not so much Espindola but that's a whole other blog post!)!! And its my blog so I can repeat my love for this great team as much as I want... So deal with it!! Ok, you convinced me, I'll spare you this time...

Something else that makes me happy:

How can you not love this iconic red head, her Cuban husband, her nosy/hilarious neighbors/best friends!! They are hilarious! I collect I Love Lucy memorabilia and can watch the episodes over and over again!! "Lucy!!!! You have some 'splainin' to do!!!" The trouble Ethel and Lucy get into cracks me up and you can't help but love Fred's smart alec comments! If you haven't had the opportunity to truly enjoy this iconic TV serious... Call me and we can have a party!! (Sidenote: Why haven't I been Lucy for Halloween yet?! That is going to have to change!)




Day 22-What makes you different from everyone else

Wow, where to begin!! I mean, I think I'm a lot like others around me on the outside and on first impressions, but if you dive in deeper I've had quite a different life than those around me. Its something that I'm proud of and has made me the woman I am today and couldn't be more grateful (well at least now I am, at the time I would have said otherwise) for the trials now. Not many 26 year old girls can say that from the age of 19-23 that they lost their brother (literally and figuratively), got married, diagnosed with cancer, got divorced, had a bone marrow transplant, started menopause, had a steroid blow up, lived in London, and replaced 2 knees in 4 years! It was definitely 4 years of growing up (maybe a little too fast, but in the end I turned out all right I guess!). A lot of people say I have an "Old Soul". Maybe that's why I'm tired all the time...

Day 23-Something you crave for a lot

Oh do I love food and Oh do I crave it!! From Sushi, to desserts (mostly baked goods and chocolate), to Thai food, to Cafe Rio Pork Salads. I feel like a pregnant woman sometimes because of my food cravings!!

But I have other cravings too:


Sometimes I wish I swam like this again. I miss the feeling of gliding in the water as I'm swimming the backstroke and the success I used to have when I swam it. The feel of the burn in your lungs, the cool crisp water surrounding your body as you glide through it, the sunshine through your googles, and those red and white flags telling you 1, 2, 3, 4 and flip. Its weird because I do crave competing and the accomplishment I had! Too bad I can't get my lazy butt into shape to even think of competing in Masters or something. Maybe I'll slowly work my way back to it. And look at that beautiful water!! If I believed in reincarnation, I'd want to be a mermaid!

Something else I crave:


London! I love this city! I want to go back so bad and the Royal wedding coming up isn't helping my cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment