Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good Bill of Health... Finally!!

Today I went to my doctor's appointment at City of Hope hospital in Duarte, California where I had my Bone Marrow Transplant. Coming back to City of Hope usually brings very mixed emotions. The first year my mom and I came back for my appointment it was really hard and we were both an emotional wreck! We have very vivid memories of being in this hospital, spending 6 weeks in the hospital and another 6 weeks coming to appointment everyday. Being on the edge of death, celebrating the miracle of life, making friends with patients, nurses, and doctors. Its just a lot. But this time wasn't sad! It was actually happy and I was really excited to go and see the people that I love seeing! I usually go and visit my favorite nurse Rodrigo when I go back but I found out he was recovering from surgery so he wasn't there so I was bummed about that. I had an appointment with Dr. O'Donnell first then a bone marrow biopsy scheduled afterwards. As my dad, mom, and I were sitting in the waiting room, my dad had the Brilliant idea that when I got my biopsy done that he would record it so I could put it on my blog!! YES!!! Perfect idea!! I was actually excited to get my biopsy done for that very reason!! Dr. O came in and she is just the cutest ever! We chatted for awhile and she wanted to know all about what happened in the past year (I only go to City of Hope once a year) and what was going on! She is like an adorable grandma! I love her! Once we were done catching up, she did the normal check up stuff then looked at my blood tests. She then said, "Well, I'll see you next year!". At that point I was really confused! I asked what about my biopsy and she said there was no need to do one!!! Wait, Did I hear that right?!!! For the first time in 5 years I did not have to have a biopsy!! AND, to make things even better, I don't have to get another one unless my doctors are concerned about something. I was totally shocked! So that was FANTASTIC news!!! But, I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed that I didn't have it on video to put on my blog!!
The Beautiful Rose Garden's at City of hope

This is the building I spent 6 wks in during my transplant


Our normal happenings waiting for the doc!


Mom studying for her boards!


Gorgeous Roses! You should have smelt them!

No comments:

Post a Comment