Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Guest Blogger!.... Ashley Lower!!!

I'm so excited to have my first guest blogger! This makes me feel like my blog is important or popular or something... but really I'm just goofy and have great friends that humor me! So here is my first guest blogger! I hope this continues and if you want to be a guest blogger on my blog I would absolutely love it! Just let me know!


This is my amazing friend Ashley Lower. She is from St. Louis and we met at BYU in the dorms as freshmen (wow 8 years ago! Feels like we've been friends forever!)! She is seriously one of my best girl friends ever! I love her so much and I know she is always there for me! She always make me laugh and is the best friend a girl could ask for! My parent's call her their adoptive daughter. She is seriously part of the family! So here she is! I'm excited she is sharing some of her life/thoughts with all of you! Hopefully this will be the start of a weekly feature on my blog!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am honored that Courtney asked me (or maybe I made the suggestion) that I be a guest on this wonderful blog. For, I am a faithful follower (or in the blogger world, her blog stalker). Courtney and I have been friends for many years, and the other day were discussing my life full of blunders. She was trying to get me to start my own blog, but I don't think I am up for that yet... it's a little too much too soon. I thought however that I could share a few stories on here.

So two weekends ago, a friend and I made an attempt to go cross country skiing... I say attempt because, well it never actually happened. On the way up, our car broke down and we spent the next three hours going trying to find a way back down the mountain. What an adventure! Blunder #1.

So fast forward one week, and we made attempt number two. Much more successful than the first. We actually got to ski. So I've done downhill skiing, and well, this was different. Let's just say I struggled. At one point, I decided that I was going to try to do a 180 off this little hill. I climbed up a little ways, jumped off with about two feet of air and fell flat on my back. The next fifteen minutes was spent in laughter and failed attempts to stand back up. My skis crossed and at one point, my skis were on my feet facing opposite directions. Blunder #2.

Fast forward about twelve hours to Sunday morning. We had stake conference so my schedule was a little off. I got up and got ready for church, threw on my dress and headed off. At one point during the session, they had us stand up to sing a song. I realized, huh, my dress feels weird, I wonder what is going on. But of course, not the appropriate time or place to try to figure this out. The session ended and I went back to Courtney's (the real genius of this blog) and hung out for a while. In the midst of our conversation, I look down to notice that there is something brown hanging out from under my dress. After further investigation, I realized that I had worn my lacrosse shorts under my dress to stake conference that morning. Are you kidding me? Who does that? Blunder #3

Well, I guess you are probably all now wondering... why is Courtney friends with this crazy girl? I can answer that for you... my mom pays her. After eight years of being friends, I just found that out. Oh well, she is amazing and whatever the reason, I am still so happy and appreciative that she is my friend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom told you she pays me?! I definitely deserve a raise now!!!

    Mama Lower,
    If you're reading this, I need some more spending money so I can put up with her shopping some more!! Love you!
    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha I was seriously laughing out loud, alone, in my room... The shorts are just too much! I wish I could have witnessed it!! Love you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think AshBaby's mom could start paying me too? :)

    Just kidding Ash! Let have a dance party in our parking garage again real soon.

    ReplyDelete