Wednesday, March 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!



Well I decided I needed to do something special for my favorite sister’s birthday. I thought of all the cool things I could buy her, but they just didn’t seem like they were enough for such a special girl (don’t worry I bought you a present also ha ha). So I decided there would be nothing better than to give you something that you will be able to keep and cherish for the rest of your life, so I hope my words will be able to truly express how I feel about you. Courtney Amber Bardsley was born on March 23, 1985 to Heidi and Kevin Bardsley. That day was the beginning of the reign of the princess in the Bardsley family. Courtney is the oldest of three amazing brother (which for some reason she referenced as the 3 stooges, which she meant to say the 3 amigos or 3 kings or 3 musketeers or the 3 stud muffins, I guess she doesn’t proof read what she writes). Courtney has the privilege of being the only girl, and oh boy does she take advantage of that one. When I was growing up I found myself doing things I wasn’t too fond of such as: wearing a dress (no comment from anyone, I was like 3 I had no choice), playing with Barbies (that wasn’t as bad Barbie is hot), watching lame girl shows instead of Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers, having curlers put in my hair, wearing something I really didn’t want to (but she was always right with picking out outfits when we got older), doing extra work around the house (cause she didn’t like yard work), dealing with something known as that time of the month, I will stop here I think you get the picture. As Courtney and I grew up she found out how easy and fun it was to beat me up, (I blame my lack of brains on her) then one day she found out I was stronger than her and that stopped real quick. Now she has all the right things to say to make me stop harassing her (example: stop I’m not wearing a bra, freaking gross). She was and is Daddy’s little girl, I didn’t think anyone but my Mom could get my Dad to buy things for her but by some girl power she has mastered this ability. I know all of you are reading this and thinking to yourself, “man how does Jared live with that girl!!!!” Well here is the answer to your question, God put us together so I had no choice ha ha. I am kidding, I wouldn’t have traded those times with Courtney for all the riches in this world. She has been one of the greatest examples of what our Heavenly Father wants us to become in our journey of life. As we all know Courtney has been through more trials than most 26 year-old girls should every go through. The funny thing is that if you were to meet Courtney for the first time you would have never guessed she has had so many trials to overcome. I remember the day when I got that dreadful phone call from Courtney to tell me that she had cancer. I just started to cry and think to myself, “Heavenly Father, she doesn’t deserve this after all that our family has gone through with the loss of Garrett”. Then this overwhelming feeling of comfort came over me, at that moment one single thought came to my mind, “if anyone can handle this it is Courtney”. We all know that statement is very true, Courtney is one of the strongest people I know and I will also go to her for that strength she provides. Courtney has done so much good for people and she continues to do good through many different ways including this blog. She has written beautiful messages for people on their birthdays usually including a top 10 about that person so I will include my top 10 things I love about my sister.
10. SHOPPING SPREES: The many times she has helped me shop for a variety of thing including: birthday presents, clothes for me, presents for girlfriends, and sometimes just shopping for the fun of it. We always have a good time doing this together, she cares enough to take time out of her busy schedule to help me.

9. VACATION TIME: We have had many fun and crazy times on vacations, from family vacations around the world to trips to California or Lake Powell. One of the greatest vacations was our study aboard to England where we became so much closer as friends, which hasn’t stop since that vacation (I guess it wasn’t suppose to be a vacation but educational).

8. SOCCER CRAZY: How much she loves Real Salt Lake and how she lusts after Kyle Beckerman. We have had so many good memories going to the games and this won’t stop GO REAL!!!

7. CARD CRAZY: If you like playing cards and board games I challenge you to come play at the Bardsley household. We will dominate anyone that steps into our game zone. It is so nice to go home Sundays and have Courtney and my family to laugh and play games.

6. CARE BEAR COURTNEY: Courtney is one of the most thoughtful people I know. She somehow remembers all the important dates and will make sure that people feel loved on those dates and will ask for nothing in return. It’s great for me cause I can always text her to know when someone’s birthday is so I don’t feel dumb cause I forgot what day it was.
5. WORK IT GIRL: Yea kind of a weird title, but Courtney works so hard and no one can stop her from achieving the goals that she wants to achieve.

4. FAMILY MATTERS: If there is something that one of the family members is participating in Courtney is there to help or to cheer them on. Who needs cheerleaders when you have a sister like Courtney, this just shows how much she cares about us and how great of a mother she will be one day.

3. DANG I LOOK GOOD: Courtney has great style, and is known for always looking as the girls say “SOOO CUTE”. She love to shop and find good deal, but she is far from high-maintenance.

2. WHAT A TESTIMONY!: Through thick and thin it seems like Courtney comes out on top with a stronger testimony. "Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope." --James E. Faust

1. SHE IS THE BESTEST SISTER EVER!: What can I say she is the best sister I have. She takes care of us and makes sure we are doing what we need to be doing. She cares about what is going on in my life and wants to help me with anything I need help with. She is that shoulder to cry on when something breaks your heart. She is the one you can trust to get something done and that will love you no matter what happens or what you do. She is my amazing older sister Courtney Amber Bardsley. “A sister is a gift from God, sent from above to make life worthwhile here below.” –unknown


Here are some other funny quotes that remind me of Courtney.

“In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.”

“If you don't understand how someone could both love their sister dearly and want to wring her
neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.”

“Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.”

“Sisters annoy, interfere, and criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.”

“A sister is one who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.”

“More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good.”

Courtney you are the greatest sister I have or could ever ask for. I love you so much and thank you for everything you do for me and all the people around you. May you have many more years of happiness and good memories (hopefully with me).

With love only a brother could give to his sister,

Jared Bardsley

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing post! you have touched and continue to touch so many people. You are beautiful inside and out. I love you so much and hope you have a wonderful birthday, you sooooo derserve it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously one of the luckiest girls in the world!! I have the greatest friends, family and brothers! Thank you Jared for being my best friend! This blog post made me laugh and cry at the same time!! And Yes I will always be the princess so deal with it!!! Also, Thanks for hacking into my blog!! I love you brother!!

    ReplyDelete