Friday, March 18, 2011

5 Years Ago Today... Part II

So this continues my five year cancer story...

March 18, 2006

I had surgery to have a biopsy on the lump in my breast today and it was my first surgery ever. Before I had the surgery they went back to extract more fluid that filled my chest again. This time they took so much out that my lungs had space to fill out again and it was miserable to have my lungs expand again so quickly. After that they took me to have surgery on the lump. I was a little nervous to go under anesthesia for the first time (but now I have a sick obsession with it and I love it!!!!). It was a pretty painful surgery and I couldn't lift my arm afterwards. But overall it was ok. I still didn't know what was going on with me and they were talking about putting me in isolation in case it was Tuberculosis. It was kind of all just a weird feeling and I didn't know how long I was going to be in the hospital. It was all just up in the air at that point. I was so grateful for my mom being there all the time playing games with me to have the time go by. I was basically out of it most the day though because of the anesthesia so it was nice to just rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment