Saturday, February 12, 2011

Visitors from Across the Pond!

My dad served his mission in the England, London South Mission many many moons ago but he has kept in touch with a lot of his great friends over there. Jared and I were even able to hang out with them when we went on a Study Abroad in London. Sarah and her boyfriend Jon came and visited us this time and it was a blast! It was our first time meeting Jon and he was horrible.... Ok that's an absolute lie, We absolutely love him and think he's so "AWESOME" (inside joke: He kept making fun of us for saying awesome and its so great to hear him say "Awesome" with his British accent). We spent the 10 days going to dinner, playing Mexican Train, watching me crash miserably while tubing on our big snow hill, visiting temple square, snowmobiling, and lots of chatting! It was so fun and I'm so glad they came out. We've already planned our next meeting: Summer 2012 they'll bring Sarah's daughter, Hannah, out to visit then I'll go back there to go to the Summer Olympics (at least that's what I'm planning!!). I sure love them and I'm so blessed to have them in my life. Its so fun to have friends around the world! Thanks for the fun memories Sarah and Jon! Can't wait to see you soon! But Hannah better come with you next time!! And don't forget..... You're AWESOME!!!!!!

P.S. Sarah: Its "MCDONALD's" not "MACDONALD's". HAHA Love ya!





5 comments:

  1. Courts your the greatest. Sarah was asking for you blog address so if you haven't sent her it yet you should! Thanks for going on these little adventures while they were here...you're AWSOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way you forgot to say something about MacDonald's! I love you girl and I'm looking forward to this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's the creeper in the green shirt? Jon is definitely my favorite British chap. I'll never forget being squished together on the couch watching the home videos over and over and over. I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants!!! UGGHH!!! You are AWESOME Jon and I miss your laugh! Love ya, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He's such a nice boy....." I am really missing you all and all the laughs and the fun we had. Completed a survey recently and the majority here are going for "Maccy D's"!! Also in need of Rootbeer.....Jon is having severe withdrawel symptoms!! I have got some very special memories of our visit that I will treasure and can't wait to see you all again, as I really do need to try those Utah Truffles...I have heard they are almost as good as Thorntons :). Love you all, Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great adventures you all had. Seen all the pics, heard all the stories and watched the videos of the tubing. Thanks to all of you guys for making Sarah and Jons trip so memorable, Sarah has had such a hard time just lately being with you guys meant a lot to her and I know she loved every minute of the trip and cant wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete