Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011

As 2010 ends and 2011 begins, I have made some goals for myself for this year. In years past I’ve made goals but I haven’t been too serious about them and really make them a part of my life. I’m hoping to change that this year! One of my goals was to create a blog… So here it is! I need something to get my creative juices flowing and to be able to just write down things that I’m thinking besides in my journal. So, if you read this blog, I hope you enjoy it!

My roommate/wonderful friend, Emma, was painting the word “Reach” on a board the other day and I asked her what it was. She told me that it was her word for the year and that she was focusing her goals and life for 2011 around this word. So I decided to do the same thing and find my own word! My word this year is “Create”. This word has a lot of different meanings for me this year.

1. Create my life around what makes me most happy.

2. Create a better understanding and testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

3. Develop skills and knowledge to help create a career as a Physician’s Assistant.

4. Create lasting and meaningful memories.

5. Create meaningful friendships and relationships.

6. Create a physical body to which I feel better living in! (ex: Exercising & eating better).

7. Create trust within myself and in others.

8. Develop and create a stronger self-esteem and self confidence.

9. Create a blog where I can express myself.

10. Create Courtney!

President Uchtdorf of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gives an amazing talk about creating your life and who you really want and need to be in life:




I hope to live by the word "Create" and this message this year and throughout my life.

May this New Year bring happiness and success to you all and might you find your own special word to live by and to improve your life by. I hope you enjoy my blog and enjoy this journey of "Capturing Courtney."

4 comments:

  1. Courtney you flipping little fox,
    We should all take lessons from you on keeping a positive attitude, you are amazing. I miss our Moab trip, What is up with that anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! I'm pretty sure this blog was the best decision you ever made. Can't wait for the good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this courtney! your blog is going to be great i already know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Courtney. You nailed it! Thanks for inspiring all of us.

    ReplyDelete