Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trying to Clear My Mind

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances,
our feelings and emotions are Universal."
-Unknown

I've had a few thoughts pounding in my mind the last couple days. You know, when you're laying in bed trying to sleep, or driving in a silent car and these are the only things you can think of... Yeah I wish my brain had an off switch at times.
  1. I feel like I need a spontaneous adventure. I keep looking at flights to go somewhere... anywhere really just to pick up and go for a bit. I never go through with it though, I guess that's the "planner" in me.
  2. I keep wondering why I can't just come out and tell certain people how I much I really care about them and want them in my life. I guess we shield our heart so much so it won't get hurt but aren't we really hurting ourselves more by not letting our heart be free and honest with ourselves and the people we love the most? I think uncertainty is harder than heartbreak/rejection sometimes because you are constantly wondering, when you could be moving on or developing something wonderful.
  3. I miss Garrett. Its amazing how these feelings pop up sometimes. I miss his voice... Maybe its because I'm starting to get scared that I'm going to forget how it sounds...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Court. This was just lovely to read! It made my cry! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about Garrett, many times I look back and it all just feels like a bad dream, not reality. It was an amazing sacrifice Garrett made for our family, I miss him too. But I know he is looking down on us, and many times holding our hand in times of need. I know he is proud of the family we have become because of our trials and hardships. You are an example to the world of this Courtney, I love you sister, and im here for you always and forever.

    Love, Jared Bardsley

    P.S. Get some Lil Wayne on that sound track ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime you want to pick up and fly to Florida, you can definitely have our sofa, or air mattress. Whichever you prefer. :) Sure miss you and your family.

    Love ya,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can only imagine how much you miss your little brother court -- you and your family are so brave. if you continue to have the courage to feel the pain of missing him, you will never ever forget him. i love you!

    ReplyDelete