Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Brother!


It's Jared's 25th birthday today!  It makes me feel old cause he's my younger brother!  For those of you that know Jared and I, you know we're very close!  He's my best friend.  It hasn't always been that way.  When we were younger we would fight a lot and we wouldn't want to hang out with each other.  Now we have a lot of the same friends and I always love having Jared do stuff with me and be there when things are going on.  So for Jared's birthday I want to tell you the Top 10 reasons I love Jared!
10.  He's a hard worker! He works hard on everything he does.  Especially school.  Sometimes our friends will ask where Jared's been and stuff and when I tell them he's been studying they find it hard to believe.  But he really studies that much and he does really well in school because of it.  I'm really proud of him.  I wish I had as much work ethic in school that he does.  In his jobs he's a hard worker as well.  When I got him a job with a physical therapist he worked with not too long ago, I told the PT that Jared was a very hard worker.  Jared didn't make me a liar. He worked even harder than I said he'd work.  He really wants to be a Physical Therapist and it is awesome to see him work so hard on these goals!
9.  He's an amazing artist.  I wish he'd draw and paint more.  He's really talented.  When I was fighting my cancer Jared was on his mission and drew me a picture of Christ and I love that picture a lot.  You should see the work he does!
8.  He's athletic.  There aren't very many sports that Jared tries that he can't do well.  He's great at Rugby, Football, Soccer, Swimming, Surfing, Tennis, Skate boarding, Snowboarding, etc, etc, etc!  He tries it and he's naturally good at it!  It amazes me! 
7.  He has no fear!  If you tell him to try something or do something that would be scary, he'll do it (unless of course you ask him to go into a Haunted House, then there is no way you'll get him to do that!  He's a chicken when it comes to that sort of thing!!).  When he was really little my dad told him to go cliff jump off of a 50 ft. cliff in Lake Powell.  He totally did it.  Lets just say my mom wasn't too happy with my dad for that one!  We went bungee jumping in Mexico off of a 400 ft. cliff.  I stood at the edge for minutes being scared to death of taking the first step off.  Jared gets strapped in, takes a step and does a back flip off the edge! Yes he's crazy!  But its always entertaining!!
6.  He dresses well.  This only started happening about a year after his mission when he started taking my mom and my advice on clothes (Jared will back this up.  He told Cameron the other day to listen to him, myself, and our mom when it came to picking out his clothes when he came home from the mission because Jared learned the hard way and picked out awful stuff when he got home from the mission!).  Now we don't even have to help him!  He's a pro on his own and probably does better without us!  He does like to have us there to get our opinion on stuff.  I love going shopping with him and we help each other out on picking clothes out.  And he's a boy who actually doesn't complain about shopping!  Its a lot of fun! (And no he's not Gay! I promise!  He just dresses nice!  One of his pinboards on Pinterest is called "I'm not Gay I just dress well."  Yep that sums it up!). 
5. He's friendly.  Jared makes friends really easy and people are just drawn to him (probably because of his good looks! ;)  ).  Whether they are a tiny child or an elderly person that Jared worked on in Physical Therapy at the nursing home, people just love Jared and his personality.  He has a ton of different friends and always makes new friends in all his classes.  I can tell he was a great missionary because of how friendly he is. 
4.  He is funny.  He always has the best one liners!  He is very sarcastic so some people take his joking the wrong way but if you understand sarcastic people, he's one of the funniest!   You should hear him and my mom when they are on one!!  Its great!  He always can make me laugh and he has a great smile and laugh.  There is a picture I have with him and our friend Danica (they play a lot off of each other with their humor) and they are totally laughing because Jared probably just used Danica for his comedic expense but she takes it so well!  Its a great picture and it just shows how happy Jared is.  He also pulls some great funny faces.  Its difficult to get a normal picture out of Jared.  He's always trying to pull some goofy face (or photo bombing a picture!)!
3.  He is strong in the gospel.  He served a full time mission in the Brazil, Sao Paulo South mission and was very successful.  We've been in Brazil the past week and a half and its been neat hearing him speak Portuguese like its his native language and he's been home for 4 years!  He is a great example to me of staying true and reading your scriptures and fulfilling your callings.   Its nice to also have other priesthood holders that can give me a blessing whenever I need one if my dad isn't available.  Its a special feeling to be able to go to the temple and have your whole family with you there. 
2. He is a gentleman and very kind.  Jared is always getting the car doors and doors to buildings for me and my mom and any other girl around us.  He is very considerate that way.  He'll always give his seat up on public transportation to a woman if there are no other seats.  I love getting random texts from him every once in awhile that just say "I love you sister.  I hope you're having a great day!".   They always make me smile and I make sure to save those texts.  One night I was just having a bad night and struggling with some stuff.  The next morning I went to my car to go to work and there was a plastic sandwich bag with something in it on my windshield (it had been raining so he put it in a bag!).  It was a note folded up into a panda, and colored like a panda, with a note saying he wanted to give me a bear hug so I should consider myself hugged.  It was so sweet and thoughtful and I have it hanging up at my desk at work so whenever I get down I look at that and consider myself hugged by Jared.  He does a lot of sweet and thoughtful things like that.  He is a great brother!
1.  He's my best friend.  I hope he knows how much I love him and how much I value his friendship.  It will be hard for me when he moves away someday for PT school and has a wife and family so we won't be able to hang out as much.  But I know we'll always be close no matter what.  No matter how far away he is or how busy he is he'll always make me laugh and feel good about myself. 

I love you brother and I hope had an amazing 25th birthday!  Thanks for being my best friend and brother!

Love,
Your Favorite Sister!
Courts












No comments:

Post a Comment