Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Boston

My Bud!

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend the weekend with my great friends Holly and Gio in Boston on December 9-12!  I have never been to Boston before and I was very excited.  It was so great to spend time with Holly and Gio and that was definitely the highlight of my trip.  I can't wait to go again for a longer stay and maybe when its a little warmer!

LDS Boston Temple
 Holly lived near the Boston Temple and it was absolutely beautiful!

Holly's Cute Kitty!
Me & Gio

The Most Amazing French Toast Breakfast!  Best Ever!
 We had an AMAZING breakfast at this cute little restaurant near Holly's home.  We ate French Toast which was the BEST I have ever had and I'm not exaggerating!  A great way to start our Saturday adventures!  We fit a lot into one day!

Ralph Waldo Emerson's Home
 Holly showed me around Boston and the cute little towns surrounding it.  We went on a hunt for all these neat homes and places.  It was amazing all the history.


Louisa May Alcott's Home of "Little Women" 
 We ended up at Lousia May Alcott's home and they had a tour that you could go on.  Gio was asleep in the back seat and Holly and I decided to go on the tour.  They were having a "Christmas Tour" and it was a lot of fun with people dressing up and telling stories from Louisa's life.  It really was adorable and I really enjoyed this part of my trip!  

Me & Holly

Yummy L.A. Burdick Chocolates
Mysterious Gio!
Delicious Hot Chocolate @ L.A. Burdicks, Harvard Square


 We went to Harvard Square and it was the most enchanting area!  I can tell why so many people love the Harvard experience.  We went to a yummy chocolate shop and got some hot chocolate to warm us up!  We stopped at Anthropologie and Gio humored us and let us try on clothes while he patiently waited (and posed for goofy pictures).  Holly and I had a fun time shopping!  As if chocolate wasn't enough, we stopped at the cupcake shop "Sweet" and got some cupcakes for later!

 
Lobster Mac & Cheese!

Lobster Mac & Cheese and Filet Mignon Sliders
 We went to dinner in downtown Boston at a restaurant called "Max & Dylans".  It was some of the best food I have had.  We he got Filet Mignon sliders (oh wow!) and Lobster Mac & Cheese (double wow!!).  It might have been some of the best food I have ever had!  When I got back to Boston, I will definitely be eating there again.  

Chilly Night in Boston



Enjoying the Christmas Lights in Boston
 We braved the cold for a bit looking at the Christmas lights then it was back to Holly's house for movie and relaxing.  The next day we went to church and I got to meet some really amazing people that are pretty well known (Ann Romney & Jane Clayson).  They are truly amazing women.   It was a great weekend and I was really sad to leave and say goodbye.  I sure love Holly and Gio and I am so grateful for their friendship.  They'll never know how much they mean to me!

I love you Boston!!

1 comment: