Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandpa!


This Great Guy is 84 Today!!!
You would never believe it when you see him out working in the yard though!
The cute little puppy with him is his side kick and partner in crime Millie!
I sure love my grandpa a lot and I'm so grateful I get to see him so much.

Here is the Top 10 Reasons I love my Grandpa Al:
10. He's Hilarious! He says what's on his mind and sometimes you wish he wouldn't!! We always know what he's thinking though and never have to guess! When he lets a swear word out it's hilarious!

9.
He's an animal whisperer! Seriously!! The animals love him and they really do listen to him. Its pretty amazing!

8.
He has taught me a lot about giving up on addictions. He started smoking was 13 and smoked for decades but one day decided it was time to give it up and quit cold turkey right there.

7.
I love spending time with him just driving in the car. When I worked for my dad I would run errands for him and my grandpa would ride around with me and we would listen to Dr. Laura! It was fun to chat with him and just have him there with me even if we didn't really talk.

6.
He is a convert to the church and he has lived his life righteously and is a great example.

5.
He is a great Home Teacher for our church. Every month he always gets his home teaching done. He had a lady in a nursing home that he Home Taught that was in her late 90s and she just loved my grandpa and he was always there every month. She just passed away and I know my grandpa made a difference in her life through his home teaching.

4.
He's a great companion to my grandma. They are a cute couple and take care of each other. Whenever my grandma is sick, I will see my grandpa upstairs vacuuming or trying to help out at their house. I also love being there when my grandma goes to bed and they always give each other a kiss goodnight. It is really cute!

3.
He is a hard worker. He has worked his whole life and worked hard at everything he does. He still works hard at 84. He will be working all day in the yard and doing various projects. I hope I'm as active and hard working at his age.

2.
He is an amazing Grandpa and Father. My grandma and grandpa got married to each other after they each divorced their first spouses. They each had their own children once they got married and my aunts say they never felt like they had a different dad but that my grandpa loved them just as if they were his own. He is so loving and I know all my cousins have so many great memories with him as do I.

1.
He loves me no matter what and has always made sure I am ok. When I had cancer he was so worried about me and I loved when he came to visit me at the hospital. I love spending time with him and talking to him. I also love being his favorite Grandchild!! (Ok that might be a self-appointed title but I'm going to go with it!).

I love you Grandpa!
I hope you have a great birthday with many more to come!

Love, Courts

No comments:

Post a Comment