Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mini-Vegas


If you haven’t experienced Provo, Utah on the Evening of July 3rd, put it on your list of things to do!  It is CRAZY!!  I first experienced this oddity two years ago and I still can’t believe it!  Everyone and their dog camps out on the parade route on University Avenue for the parade the next morning.  Notice I didn’t say: “everyone sleeps out on the parade route” because nobody sleeps!  The age range of the people out there varies so much and there is so many different things going on: card games, video games, dance parties, shops open til late, people flooding in and out of 7-11, cops driving up and down the street regulating, fireworks going off, groups of bikers going up and down the street, etc.  It is seriously a crazy thing to experience!  A couple of my friends and I decided to take a walk down the street and just go people watch!  It was definitely an experience.  I saw several teenagers from my homeward and friends of my brothers!  So many different people!  After our walk we shot off some awesome fireworks (I love the new firework law in Utah!!) and decided we had enough of the “Mini-Vegas”.  Unfortunately I live right on University Avenue so the noise was kind of loud all night, but it sounded like everyone was having fun! 

Roaming the Streets with Ethan "Toots" Savory some creepers in the back!

Derek, Danica, Me, Ethan, and Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment