Monday, May 7, 2012

Reggae Roots


Those that know me really well know that I LOVE Reggae music!
And for some reason guys with dreads are really attractive to me... yeah don't ask!
Anyway! 
So I was trying to figure out where my love of Reggae music came from.
And it came to me as I was listening to my Bob Marley Pandora Station and a certain song came on! And a light bulb turned on above my head (just like in the cartoons! :) ):
"It's all my parent's fault!!"
Let me explain:
When I was a wee lass,  my parents were starving students at BYU and lived in Orem, UT. They would take me to this pizza place nearby. The pizza joint had a juke box that my parents would pick music and be entertained by my cuteness! And what would they play every time to watch and laugh as I danced/sang on the table?!:
  RED RED WINE by UB40!! 
Totally reggae (yeah they are all white and they aren't typical reggae but just go with it!)
Hence, totally my parents fault I'm attracted to dread headed guys and fascinated by Bob Marley and the Rastafarian culture!  Just thought I'd share my recent discovery!
Now enjoy some Reggae music and some pics of two of my favorite dread-headed boys!!


My favorite dread headed man: Kyle Beckerman
Jacob Hemphill from one of my favorite Reggae bands: SOJA
 



No comments:

Post a Comment